How would you feel about going to the Provence for six days and then to go home again with a head and heart full of new ideas and experiences? A holiday in which workshops and visits to exhibitions alternate with visiting flea markets? Walking around in a large French fabric store? Enjoying the sun, good food and all that in a beautiful setting? If this appeals to you, then this inspiration tour is really something for you!Sign up now!
With her friend Magali Beaumont, Saskia ter Welle organizes an inspiration tour from the 25th until the 30th of April, 2019. Magali has a beautiful embroidery studio in the heart of L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue which, in itself, is a source of inspiration.
Immerse yourself in the French culture and enjoy the town of L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue: an idyll in the Provence that has blossomed thanks to the textile industry. The town is home to no fewer than 400 antique dealers. You can also stroll around and visit shops and markets. Everything is within walking distance in the town. At this time of the year, we hope to enjoy wonderful spring weather!
An inspirational course of six days
You can view this inspiration tour as a continuous course of six days. Each activity has a purpose that fits within the complete picture. From the moment we meet in Marseille, the adventure begins.
As a memento of this journey you will receive the book ‘The Artist’s Way’ by Julia Cameron. This special book describes a way to rediscover your creativity and to breathe new life into it. The method Julia uses for this will form a common thread during this inspiration trip.
This program is not for everyone. We not only have limited space, but the program is really meant for those who are genuinely looking for a positive change in their lives. An active attitude is asked of you and I can assure you that you will go home with new hope and ‘creative desire’!
Get out of your comfort zone and take on this adventure. Bring your friend, sister or colleague and we will make it an unforgettable journey!
We have a journey in mind where you will discover many new things.
Workshop Interior Embroidery- Magali Beaumont
Magali specializes in embroidery for interior applications. In part, these are the same techniques as used in haute couture enbroidery. By becoming acquainted with new techniques you’ll expand your insight, knowledge and ‘toolbox’ and you may as well discover a new passion. The combination of this form of embroidery with the inspiration of having many antique dealers around the corner as well as flea markets is almost irresistible.
Where can you find embroidery in interiors? Think of curtains with embroidered ‘tie-backs’; richly decorated decorative pillows and room dividers. Of course, the furniture-fabric itself can also be embroidered.
With this type of embroidery, a lot of work is done with filling techniques and the application of cords. Shine is added with beads and sequins with the tambour hook.
During the introductory workshop of two times three hours, you will make a small embroidery with techniques for interior design under the supervision of Magali. We only work with needle and thread, so you will understand that this course is accessible to anyone who is a bit handy with needle and thread. You do not need to have experience with tambour embroidery.
Workshop Moulage | Japanese Pattern techniques- Saskia ter Welle
From years of experience in working with moulage and Japanese patterning techniques, and as the first TR Master and TR Supermaster in the Netherlands, Saskia shares in this workshop insights about designing on the dress form and about the possibilities it offers. During courses and lectures she gave on this subject, she discovered that within this discipline there is much to discover for both the amateur (moulage can replace traditional pattern drawing!) and the professional.
Many people make clothes from a pattern sheet, or they draw patterns by their own sizes. If you want to get rid of standard patterns, want to gain insight into the third dimension and the possibilities this offers for both custom and creative fashion design, then this workshop will open your eyes to a lot of new possibilities.
Saskia shows the basics of a well-fitted design and where the bottlenecks are to be found. By means of an interactive demonstration, she makes special designs and patterns come closer to you than ever before. You will see the similarities and differences of standard patterns, self-drawn patterns and moulage, with the insights of Japanese pattern techniques forming the proverbial ‘icing on the cake’.
Workshop From Inspiration to Design Idea – Saskia ter Welle
At the end of the trip, we will meet for another session in the studio to convert all the impressions of the trip into a concrete plan. It does not matter whether you make clothes, embroider, quilt, paint or have ideas for your interior.
The central question of this workshop is: how do you turn inspiration into a concrete plan? A plan that you can really implement? A plan that helps you to realise your dreams?
We start by making a mood board of the highlights of the trip. Then we do a number of exercises that stimulate the flow of ideas so that you find a line in your ‘story’. Then you will practice in making choices and plan to take the first step towards the realisation.
It does not matter what your creative discipline is, this process works for everyone. It is super motivating to go home with more than just nice memories. You are going home with a plan!
Gaining inspiration in Provence
In addition to the workshops, we will also go and explore the Provence. A varied program introduces you to the warm atmosphere of this region. Be inspired by the beautiful surroundings. We dine every night in a different restaurant in the area. With this special program, we hope to receive an international group.
Activities Inspiration Tour
Special exhibitions and picturesque villages alternate in the program. No moment will be boring! Of course, there is also an opportunity to wander around on your own and to absorb the atmosphere of Provence. Treat yourself to this wonderful and inspiring journey together with other creative people.
As a participant, you get access to our app for your Android or MacOS smartphone, in which you can follow the program from day to day, with all the information at your fingertips. A preview of the itinerary and what you can expect can be found on this web page.
For the purpose of this inspiration tour, we have reserved all the rooms of B&B La Bastide des Arts. After registration, you will receive information about how you can book with them. This B&B is near L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue and has a very good reputation. Prices of rooms range from 79-95 euros, including breakfast. There is also an option to share a room with another participant. It is of course also possible to book another hotel or B&B in L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue.
The language of instruction during the workshops is English.Sign up now!
Who offers this tour
Magnolia Blossom BV
Magnolia Blossom, the company of Saskia, offers the inspiration tour program.
The following is included:
- the two workshops Embroidery for Interior, given by Magali Beaumont
- the workshop Moulage and Japanese Pattern Techniques, given by Saskia ter Welle
- the workshop From Inspiration to Design, given by Saskia ter Welle
- all excursions, admission to museums and exhibitions
- all lunches and dinners, except lunch in Avignon and dinner on the night before departure
- a glass of house wine during the lunches and dinners
- the book ‘The Artist’s Way’ by Julia Cameron
Price for the program: 997.00 euros per person, excluding VAT.
The following is not included:
- The flight to Marseille. At the moment of writing this, a return flight is offered by KLM for 112,00 euro. More information and the latest prices can be found here: Flights to Marseille from Amsterdam
- The overnight stays. The price for a room at La Bastide des Arts B&B per night is between € 79 and € 95 per room, including breakfast. After registration, you will receive information about how you can book with them
- Lunch in Avignon (there you can wander around) and dinner on the last evening before our departure back home. We will that night have dinner in the favorite wine bar of Magali. You can already order a meal there for around 15-20 euros
- Extra drinks and wine. At lunches and dinners, a glass of house wine or another drink is served, which is included with the meal, except once again at dinner on Monday evening. All extra drinks are at your own expense.
- The local transportation to/from the airport, restaurants and activities is offered separately by African Flying Adventures for a price of 195,50 euro/person.
African Flying Adventures BV
African Flying Adventures is a Dutch Tour operator based in Doesburg. They will arrange all the transportation on the spot during the excursions, from the airport of Marseille on April 25th to l’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue and back on April 30th 2019 back to the airport of Marseille. African Flying Adventures is a member of VvKR and affiliated with STO travel guarantee.
- Transport to/from the airport
- Including transport to the excursions and restaurants
Price for transport: 195.50 euro per person.
The inspiration program including excursions, workshops and lunches/dinner as described above is offered under the following conditions:
- Registration takes place via the website: first come, first served
- Maximum 8 participants, at least 5 participants. If there are not enough participants at the end of February 2019, the trip will be cancelled and the amount you paid towards this trip will be returned to you
- 25% deposit will be charged upon registration. This amount assures you of a place and will not be refunded if cancelled by you
- The remainder of the amount for this trip must be transferred to the account of Magnolia Blossom before 1 April 2019.
- The travelling expenses for local transport can be paid by April 1st and will be invoiced to you separately by African Flying Adventures.
- In case of cancellation by a participant, no refund will be made of the costs of the inspiration program. If you or we find someone who can fill your place, then we are happy to work with that.
- The program is subject to change; we adopt the program on the spot when circumstances require so, such as in case of rain.
- Get a travel insurance. It is not included in our price.
- The delivery conditions of African Flying Adventures BV apply to the local transport component. This is billed to you separately by African Flying Adventures
The delivery conditions of African Flying Adventures BV apply to local transport. This is billed to you separately by African Flying Adventures.